Gramatan Village welcomes volunteers of all ages and offers them the opportunity to help their neighbors and their community. Whether you have an hour to spare or can devote more time, we have a job for you! If you would like to volunteer, please contact our office at 914-337-1338 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of the special services volunteers provide include:
- Gramatan Village Office Assistance — Computer skills helpful. Join the team in the office and help answer phones, greet visitors and work with us on special projects.
- Home Visiting — Visit those members who find it difficult to get out – a friendly visit can be once a week, once a month – stop by for a visit and make a new friend.
- Driving — Drivers are especially encouraged to volunteer – We need them to take our members on errands, to medical appointments and grocery shopping.
- Outings – Accompanying and assisting members on Gramatan Village outings to cultural, entertainment or shopping destinations
- Friendly Phone Calls – perfect for those individuals who love to chat! Contact a neighbor by phone just to "check in" and share the news.
- Escort — Accompany a member to the doctor, worship service, hair dresser, or other appointment or visit out of the home
- Running Errands — If you don't drive, but love to walk – you can help our members by running errands in the Village.
- Grocery Shopping — Accompany a member grocery shopping and help them with the packages or pick up the list and do the shopping for them
- Other Opportunities — Gardening and plant care, sewing, pet care, providing computer support and reading aloud.